Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and have been used for many years. They are strong and durable, and they look and feel just like your natural teeth. If you are considering dental implants, there are a few things that you need to know. Here are six important things that you need to know about dental implants:
- Dental implants are made of titanium. Titanium is a strong metal that is bio-compatible, meaning that it is not rejected by the body. The titanium fuses with the bone, making the implant very strong.
- Dental implants can be used to replace one tooth or multiple teeth. If you are missing several teeth, you may be a good candidate for implant-supported dentures or bridges. These are replacements that are attached to the implants and can give you a full set of teeth that look and function just like your natural teeth.
- The success rate of dental implants is high. In fact, dental implants have a success rate of over 95%. With proper care, your implants can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants require a surgical procedure for placement. The surgery is usually done in our office under local anesthesia, but sedation can be used if you are anxious about the procedure. Recovery from the surgery takes a few weeks, but it is important to follow our instructions during this time so that your implant has the best chance for success.
- You must have healthy gums and enough bone to support the implant. We will do a thorough evaluation to make sure that you are a good candidate for dental implants before we proceed with the surgery.
- Dental implants require a commitment on your part for success. You must practice good oral hygiene and visit our Riverside Dentist office location regularly for cleanings and checkups. It is also important to avoid chewing hard foods or using your teeth as tools so that you do not damage your implant or the surrounding teeth.
Dental implants are an excellent way to replace missing teeth, but there are some things that you need to know before getting them placed. Titanium implants fuse with the bone for strength, they can be used to replace one tooth or multiple teeth, and their success rate is high—over 95%. However, they do require surgery for placement which means some recovery time is necessary afterward and you must practice good oral hygiene habits at home and visit our office regularly for checkups in order for them to last a lifetime!
Contact Smile Advantage in Riverside, CA
Smile Advantage – Dr. Ali Shmara – Riverside Dentist
4959 Arlington Ave Suite A,
Riverside, CA 92504