If your teeth are crooked, stained, misaligned, chipped, broken or missing, then cosmetic dentistry could work wonders for you. This particular style of dentistry is aimed to create a positive change with your teeth via modern-day dental procedures. Cosmetic dentistry has the ability to re-create your entire smile, which will dramatically change your facial appearance. There are a number of dental procedures that will get the job done, but you’ll initially have to consult with a cosmetic dentist. By consulting with a dental professional, the best possible treatment plan will be developed specifically for you. At Smile Advantage we offer a full menu of cosmetic dental procedures.
Cosmetic dentistry, also known as esthetic dentistry, will compliment the overall health of the patient from an oral standpoint. When teeth are properly aligned and even, your mouth will be able to function in a normal way. Teeth that are crowded could lead to an increase in cavities because the teeth won’t be able to receive a thorough cleaning. Gaps between the teeth can obstruct a person’s ability to speak clearly, and missing teeth will hinder a person’s ability to thoroughly chew his or her food. In most cases cosmetic dentistry can cost as much or even more than general dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry is basically a genre of specialized-dental procedures. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular cosmetic-dental treatments and they’re costs.
1. Dental veneers are designed to create a dazzling smile. Veneers are basically custom-made shells that are bonded to the front of the teeth. Veneers are wafer-thin as well as tooth-colored. Your dentist will remove about a half-millimeter of tooth enamel, which will change the shape, size and length of the teeth. Veneers generally range between $500 – $1,300 per tooth.
2. Dental implants are designed for those who’re missing teeth. The implants are made of titanium, and they are screwed into the bone socket. Its metal post will anchor itself in the jaw bone during the healing process. Dental implants are great tooth replacements, and they’ll cost between $1,250 – $3,000.
3. Inlays and onlays are considered to be indirect fillings, and they’re made of porcelain, gold or composite material. This material is molded into place in the damaged tooth. Inlays and onlays are constructed in a lab, and they’ll help to preserve as much of the healthy tooth as possible. This procedure can cost between $600 – $1,200.
4. Teeth whitening is the simplest and least expensive cosmetic-dental procedure. Most people tend to use over-the-counter products to whiten the teeth. For a more powerful whitening experience, dentists will use in-house, medical-grade bleach products to whiten the teeth. In-house treatments can cost as much as $500, but otc treatments will cost less than $50.
5. Invisalign braces are basically see-through, and the patient can remove them at any time. These braces are made of ridged plastic instead of metal. The dentist will make a mold of the teeth. The mold will be scanned to create a computerized model. These aligners will move the teeth in increments, and there are multiple stages, which can last for weeks at a time. Invisalign braces can cost between $3,000 – $8,000.
Did you know that even kids have cosmetic dental procedures?